Welcome to my birthday party episode!
In celebration of my 39th birthday, I took a personal inventory of lessons I’ve learned that have served and continue to serve me, and I hope to not forget as I close out my thirties this year! They cover all areas of my life and hopefully will serve to encourage, entertain and maybe even challenge you, too!
The lessons were:
- Grace covers everything
- The Bible is real, active, and life’s best guide
(Don’t miss This Is What You Need for Your Own Coffee + Bible Time.
- Protect your peace at all costs
- Kids are very resilient
- Kids pick up on everything
- Structure is your friend
- Sometimes you have to let loose
- There’s nothing like a sibling bond
- Nobody’s good at everything
- Marriage falls apart when you let it
- No marriage is easy
Don’t miss: Episodes #prayingforyourhusbanddaily on conflict and Lessons From the First Year of Marriage With Donny Bender – 031
- You get out what you put in
- Prayer is my number one marriage tool
Find allllll my #prayingforyourhusbanddaily videos on youtube HERE.
- Tomorrow isn’t promised
- Everyone’s capable of good and evil
Watch the log and speck #prayingforyourhusbanddaily on Instagram, here.
- You really can’t change your husband. But God CAN. (Insert anyone)
Grab your copy of The Power of a Praying Wife, the book that inspired my prayer series, now!
- Self-love matters, and self-love changes
- Nothing is always as it seems there’s more than one side to every story
- It’s never too late for a glow up
- Follow your own timeline
- It’s never too late (to start (over))
- You can change your mind
- You can only work on yourself
- Girls need girlfriends
- Your past matters but doesn’t define you
Episode: Affirmation: My Past Does Not Define Me – 060
- Ignoring something NEVER makes it go away
- What you weigh or the size you wear isn’t what people notice about you
Episodes How To Improve Your Body Image With Becky Patterson – 016
What if Smaller Isn’t Better? With Sam Gwaz – 022
How to Break Free From Body Shame With Jess Connolly – 029
- Pride can ruin any and every good thing
- Listen to your gut
- Act on your gut
- Live YOUR life
- Never say never
- Never say always
- Be bold and just be you
Episode: What Do I Mean When I Say #beboldandjustbeyou? – 001
- Seasons change and you change with them
- Nothing stays hidden forever
- Therapy is worth every penny (See the link below for BetterHelp!!)
- Don’t believe everything you think
- You don’t have to be perfect
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor, BetterHelp. BetterHelp will assess your needs and match you with your own licensed professional therapist. You can start communicating within 48 hours. It’s not a crisis line, it’s not self-help, it is professional therapy done securely online. You can log in to your account anytime and send a message to your therapist. You’ll get timely and thoughtful responses plus you can schedule weekly video or phone sessions so you won’t ever have to sit in an uncomfortable waiting room as with traditional therapy. BetterHelp is committed to facilitating great therapeutic matches so they make it easy and free to change therapists if needed. It’s more affordable than traditional offline therapy and financial aid is available.
Thanks again to BetterHelp for sponsoring this episode. Don’t miss the special offer for The Julie Bender Show listeners: get 10% off your first month at
Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the show!
And share it so more friends can join us!
— Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Click the word to find related content ⬇️